It doesn’t matter if your phone is with you or not, locked or turned off. How to find iPhone IMEI numberWe explain the ways.
IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) (Turkish International Mobile Equipment Identity) is the identification number of each device, it is unique and consists of 15 digits.
Every iPhone (and every other phone) has a unique 15-digit number called IMEI. An industry standard shared between mobile operators and manufacturers for IMEI Security purchases.
If you are going to buy a second-hand Apple device, you can check the device for any theft, criminal activity or carrier blocking history via the IMEI number.
Here we will list all the ways you can find the IMEI number of your iPhone or iPad, whether it is locked, turned off or with you.
8 Ways to Find iPhone IMEI Number!
iPhone IMEI number:
- Using USSD Code
- From the Settings Menu
- From SIM Tray
- From iPhone Case
- using Finder
- Using iTunes
- From the iPhone’s Packaging
- or on the Apple ID Website.
How to Find iPhone IMEI Number Using USSD Code
The fastest way to find your iPhone IMEI number is to run a USSD code.
iPhone call screen *#06# When you dial and press the search button, a screen with your device information will appear. Here you can see the IMEI number.
- Go to Settings > General and tap About.
- It will write the IMEI number of your iOS device.
How to Find iPhone IMEI Number by Looking at SIM Tray
If you have an iPhone 6s or newer, your IMEI number will be written on the SIM tray.
How to Find iPhone IMEI Number by Looking at iPhone Case
On iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s and iPhone 6/6 Plus models, you can find the IMEI number directly on the metal case of the iPhone.
How to Find iPhone IMEI Number using Finder
- On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, open Finder.
- Find your device. Look for the General tab in the Finder.
For iPhone, you can see the IMEI/MEID and ICCID numbers by clicking the Phone Number or device model under your device name.
Finding iPhone IMEI Number Using iTunes
- On a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or a Windows PC, open iTunes.
- Find your device. In iTunes, click the Summary tab to see your device’s information.
Find IMEI Number on iPhone’s Packaging
Do you still have the original packaging of your device? You can find the serial number and IMEI/MEID number in the barcode
Go to the Apple ID Website
If you don’t have your iPhone or iPad with you, but you need the IMEI number,
- in a web browser appleid.apple.com Go to.
- Then sign in to your Apple ID
- Select the Devices section.
- Select the device you want to see the serial number and IMEI/MEID number.
Does your iPhone IMEI work?
iPhone IMEI will not work without you. Any phone without an IMEI record will not work.
Can an IMEI be transferred to an iPhone?
It is not possible to assign an IMEI to an iPhone.