How to change the color of folder icon in Windows
Are you a very organized person who likes to color code all of your folders at work or at home? If you are in the organization of your documents visually, then you might be happy to know that you can do the same for all your digital files too!
Imagine being able to change the color of folder icons so that your Financial folder can be green (like money) and your task folder can be red (urgent perhaps?). Well, there are two small nifty programs out there, one free and the other paid, which you can use to easily change the color of a folder on your computer.
You can also use them to change the folder icon to represent the state of this file, for example if you have a folder with private data, you can change the icon for a small padlock appears.
See also; How To Clean Your Windows Registry Easily.
How To Change Folder Color In Windows. ?
Method 1: By Using Folder Marker Tool.
- The first program is Folder Marker and once installed, you can tag the files in two ways.
- First, you can simply launch the application, choose the folder you want to mark, and then choose the icon you want to replace for that folder. If you want a color code more than one folder at a time, click the folder in the navigation bar, then check multiple folders.
- You can choose from the Colors tab, the Main tab and the user icons. The main tab basically has a set of icons corresponding to various states as download, upload, private files, notes, etc.
- If you already have icons that you like or that you created yourself, you can actually click on the user’s Icons tab and add them to Folder Marker. You can then mark folders with custom icons. Read my previous post on converting images in icon format which you can then use with Folder Marker. You can also find more icons by extracting executable program files installed on your computer.
- Also, if you click the action, you will see some useful options. First, you can always select a folder and choose Restore Default Folder Icon Chosen (s) back to what the original icon was. Second, you can change the default icon for the real system a thing to another folder so that all normal folders will use this new default icon rather than the icon of the default Windows folder. You can also easily restore the icon for the default system folder. If everything is a mess, you can click Rollback All changes and all that you have done will be deleted.
- The second way you can mark folders with these special icons is by simply right-clicking on them and navigating the Mark folder menu! If this program did not have the option in the context menu right-click to change the folder icon, I would not recommended because doing so much easier to use.
- And that’s all! You can now organize your folders in Windows in a visually appealing and recognizable way! See my My Documents folder after color coding and using certain predefined icons in the program.
- Now I can easily see which are my secure folders, my important folders, my work folders, and so on! Overall, Folder Marker is a great and free to organize your files in Windows by color coding them or changing the folder icon. The free version is fine for me, but they also have two paid versions for $ 25 and $ 35, which include more icon sets and some additional features like the ability to select all sub-folders, etc.
Method 2: By Using Rainbow Folders Tool.
- First of all Download and install the rainbow folder.
- Click the Start menu and launch the application by double clicking it.
- It provides a simple and compact interface. It also provides select multiple option to change the color of several files simultaneously.
- It also provides three case styles, including modern, classic and typical. we can easily select one of them.
- Select the color of folder and change its hue and saturation to make multiple shades.
- We can also use the random button to choose a random color for our records.
- Now press the colorize button to change the color of our records.
- It provide a simple and compact interface. It also provide the multiple select option to change the color of multiple folders simultaneously.
These are best method to change color folder in windows easily using the software. If you have a better idea of changing the color of windows folders let us know.