If you are going to reset your phone, first when formatting the phone You need to learn what is deleted, which data is lost during the reset.
If your Android or IOS device has started to lag, if you are getting system instabilities, especially if the call screen is stiff for a long time, if the speed of your operations in applications has started to bore you, it’s time to interfere with your phone.
However Before formatting the phone what to do and What is deleted when you format the phone First of all, you need to know them.
What is deleted after formatting the phone?
After formatting the phone the device will return to factory settings;
- Your Plastore and AppStore account information,
- Your system and application data and settings,
- Your downloaded apps,
- your contact list,
- Your pictures in the phone memory,
- Your videos in the phone memory,
- Your files in the phone memory,
- Your messages in the Messages section
Also, when you format the phone;
- Viruses infecting the phone,
- Your internet past,
- Your apps like Whatsapp, Instagram, Gmail, Facebook
they are deleted.
Whatsapp, Instagram, Gmail, Facebook your apps like deleted when resetting the phoneHowever, since your accounts are not deleted, when you reinstall the applications and activate them with your username and passwords all your data comes back.
Alright What is not deleted when you format the phone?
- Information on your sim card,
- your IMEI number
- Your social media accounts
Formatting the phonek does not affect the warranty status. So when the phone is formatted, the warranty does not break.
Does formatting the phone speed it up? Questions like these are asked of us. Yes, it will definitely speed up, your phone will be like the first day.
Things to do before Formatting the Phone
Formatting the phonebefore;
- If you have a memory card, be sure to remove it from the device.
- Back up your files stored in the phone memory after removing your memory card. (Android backup for our article here back up iPhone For this, you can take a full backup of your devices by looking at our article here.)
- Take out your SIM Card.
- Before removing the SIM card, move the contacts stored in the phone memory to the sim card. (Click here to backup Android contacts, click here to backup iPhone contacts.)
- Make a note of your Google Play Store and IOS AppStore username and password.
Android phone format to throw;
- Settings > Backup and Reset > Reset to factory settingsgo to
- reset phone > delete everythinggo to
iPhone’a format to throw;
- Settings > general > Reset by entering, Erase All Content and Settings Click on.
With this command, all your data in iPhone content will be reset. If you have a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and are using iOS 11 or later, from your old device to your new device you can use Quick Start to automatically transfer information.
Frequently asked questions about what is deleted when formatting the phone
Will viruses be removed after formatting the phone?
All in the phone vMalware such as irus, trojan are deleted together with the format.
Will Whatsapp be deleted after formatting the phone?
When you format the phone, the Whatsapp application is also deleted. But since your Whatsapp account is not deleted, your data will be restored when you reinstall the application.
Will Instagram be deleted after formatting the phone?
When you format it on the phone, the Instagram application is deleted. But since your Instagram account is not deleted, all your data will be restored when you reinstall the application and log in with your username and password.
Will the history be deleted when I format the phone?
All your browser information (passwords, favorite sites, etc.) will be deleted with the format.
Will Gmail be deleted after formatting the phone?
When you format it on the phone, the Gmail application is deleted. But since your GMail account is not deleted, all your emails will be restored when you reinstall the application and log in with your username and password.
Will the Sim card information be deleted when I format the phone?
When you format the phone, nothing happens to the information in the sim card.
Will IMEI be deleted after formatting the phone?
No. Resetting the phone will not delete your IMEI information.
Last Updated: October 9, 2021