Nintendo Switch reset operation restores the Switch’s software to the state it was in when you first purchased it. All your personal information is removed, saved games are deleted, and the software is reverted to its original state on the Switch.
Like every device, Nintendo Switch may experience slowdown and freezing problems or errors after continuous use. In this case, resetting the device is usually the best solution. Another reason to reset Nintendo Switch might be if you sell it and want to delete all your data.
Nintendo Switch‘of; It is available in three variants, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Oled and Nintendo Switch Lite. It resets in the same way on 3 different Nintendo Switches.
Detailed full comparison chart of Nintendo Switch variants www.nintendo.com/switch/compare You can find it at.
In any case, a Nintendo Switch factory reset will delete all your personal and game data from the device.
Nintendo Switch Reset
Factory reset restores the Switch’s software to the state it was in when you first purchased it. All your personal information is removed, saved games are deleted, and the software is reverted to its original state on the Switch.
Nintendo Switch reset You can do the process in 3 different ways.
- Soft Reset
- Factory Reset
- Hard Reset
Nintendo Switch Soft Reset ✅
You can do a Nintendo Switch soft reset and have your console clear unnecessary data that could be causing software problems and fix minor software issues.
- on your Nintendo Switch Console. Strength Press and hold the button for 10 to 15 seconds until your console turns off.
- After your console completely shuts down, release the Power button and wait a bit.
- Then to start the console normally Strength Press the button once again.
Your Nintendo Switch console will then reboot and Nintendo Switch resetit will be completed.
Nintendo Switch Factory Reset ✅
If a Soft Reset didn’t fix your issue, or if you’re considering selling your console or completely erasing its data, you can perform a Factory Reset.
To Factory Reset Nintendo Switch:
- From the toolbar at the bottom of the Nintendo Switch main menu System settingsSelect .
- From the tabs on the left System enter section.
- Formatting Optionsopen and Restore Factory SettingsSelect .
- The console will show you a warning that all data will be deleted if you continue. ForwardPress .
If done successfully, your console will remove your accounts and start wiping all data on your console.
If it’s been more than 20 minutes before the percentage bar goes up, press and hold the power button until the screen goes black. It may take a while to reboot, but some Switch users say this can help you get back to the system and restart a factory reset.
Nintendo Switch Hard Reset ✅
If your console continues to freeze and you cannot access System Settings normally, you can perform a hard reset to factory reset it. A hard reset is basically the same as a regular factory reset via System Settings.
- Turn off the Nintendo Switch.
- After the console turns off, press and hold the Power, Volume Up and Volume Down buttons for a few seconds.
- Your console should then boot into Recovery Mode.
- To Hard Reset Your Console, Without Saving Data Restore Factory Settings or Restore Factory Settings Select .
Nintendo Switch reset The process is that easy!
Frequently asked Questions
Will my Nintendo account be deleted when I reset the Nintendo Switch?
Resetting the Nintendo Switch will not completely delete your Nintendo account, but will remove it from the console. Any cloud data or purchases you make in your account will still be available. You can reinstall them on the Switch you reset or plug them into a new Switch.
Will the Nintendo Switch delete my games when I reset it?
When you reset the Nintendo Switch, you will lose all data on your system. This includes local saves, game files and the games themselves. You can still re-download anything associated with your system in the future.