Microsoft Office, MacIt is one of the most used applications in. Uninstalling Office on Mac is not an easy process. Many users have problems with this. In this article, we will tell you step by step how to remove each component with Microsoft Office Data.
MS Office product, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and OneDrive are all in one license Office suite. You can download individual programs from Microsoft’s website or from the Mac App Store. You can purchase a subscription as an in-app purchase.
Why Is Uninstalling So Difficult?
Microsoft offers an uninstaller on Windows PCs that allows you to delete Office in a few clicks. But on Mac you have to do this manually. This requires searching for the processes binaries as well as any other “junk” files that Microsoft Office has installed on your Mac computer.
Backup Your Data
After you uninstall Office, you cannot open files in Microsoft formats such as .doc, .xls, or.ppt in their main programs. Therefore, before uninstalling Word, Excel or PowerPoint, if you have important documents, you should back them up.
You may have trouble supporting certain file formats or on a device with Office installed. Open files in Office and export Word documents in a format that can be read in other programs, such as .rtf. Do not remove anything without thoroughly checking whether you can continue to view and edit your files. When you uninstall Outlook on your Mac, all its data will also be deleted, including email messages and attachments. An IMAP server or iCloud, Gmail Your messages and attachments stay on the server. Let’s say you download and delete messages and attachments from the mail server or use a POP3 mail server. In this case, you should back up all your messages and attachments before uninstalling Outlook. You can do this by exporting mails from Outlook in mbox format.
Uninstall Office 365 from Mac
Microsoft Office 365To uninstall , you must uninstall each application separately. This process varies depending on the version of Office you are using.
UNINSTALL OFFICE 2011 FROM MAC
- Open the Applications folder on your computer.
- Then choose any of the programs (eg Microsoft Excel).
- Select Outlook, PowerPoint and Word while holding down the Command key
- Drag them all to the trash or right click and move them to the trash. Make sure that Programs is not open in the background.
Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook will be removed from your Mac computer as a result of this process.
OFFICE 2016’YI KALDIRMA
Identifying files in multiple different directories BinUninstalling Office 2016 is more difficult than uninstalling Office 2011 because you have to move it to .
- Select Microsoft Excel or another office application from the Applications folder.
- Next Command While holding down the key, select OneDrive, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Drag all these apps to the Trash or Control-click one of the apps and select it from the menu. Move to TrashSelect .
After these actions, you should delete some MS Office components and data from the macOS system folder.
- Finderfrom the Go menu in Go to FolderSelect or Command+Shift+G Press the keys.
- Type Library in the box that comes up and press the Go button to open the Library folder.
- Then find the system folder and open it.
- Drag the following folders to the Trash (some may not be available to you)
- To return to the library and open the group system folder Finder Click the Back arrow in the window.
- Then find the folders we forwarded above, BinDrag to
- Empty the trash.
- DockIf there are any Office icons you’re holding in, right-click them and select Options > Remove from Dock select.
- Restart your computer after the processes are finished. After these steps Office 2016 will be removed from Mac.
Completely Uninstall Microsoft Office from Mac first appeared on TeknoDestek.