Last updated: November 15, 2020
When your computer with Windows is turned on, you can see the error ‘An unhandled exception occurred in your application’, you can try the methods we discussed in our article to solve this error.
What causes an Unhandled Exception Occurred Error in your application?
Generally to this error; Your antivirus software may be caused by a virus or malware that has infected your computer, an incorrectly installed Microsoft .NET Framework application, or a hardware problem.
Solution for an Unhandled Exception Occurred Error in Your Application
Scan your computer for Antivirus.
An infected computer virus or malware You may be encountering the error ‘An unhandled exception has occurred in your application’. To find out if this is the cause of the error, run a detailed virus scan with an antivirus software you trust.
Disable your antivirus software.
Do not use the antivirus software you are using on your Windows computer for a while. disable it or uninstall it completely. If the error ‘Unhandled exception has occurred in your application’ when you restart the computer, it is recommended that you use an alternative antivirus software.
Run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
Problems with your computer’s hardware and devices can cause errors such as ‘An unhandled exception has occurred in your application’. Hardware and Device Troubleshooter The tool will fix minor problems with hardware and devices on your computer, find other problems and show you. You can intervene in the problems according to the recommendations offered by the tool.
- Open the Windows search bar. and
%systemroot%system32msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnosticby typing EnterPress.
- The Hardware and Device Troubleshooter tool will open. Press the Next button and start scanning. The scan will be completed after a varying time and the result screen will appear.
- On the result screen, you will see the problems the tool has found, solved and offers suggestions. Follow the steps the tool offers.
Reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework application.
One of the main causes of the ‘Unhandled exception has occurred in your application’ error Microsoft .NET Framework It is an error that occurred during the installation of the application. For this reason, you should completely uninstall the application installed on your computer and download the latest version from the Microsoft official website. If your computer does not meet the system requirements of the latest version, you can download the most suitable version and install it on your computer.
- By removing the installed version of Microsoft .NET Framework on your computer From here Download the latest version of Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Restart your computer by completing the installation process.