One of the most asked questions on the internet right now is What is a proxy, what’s the use How to use proxy subject. In this article, we give answers to all the frequently asked questions about Proxies.
- 1 What is a proxy?
- 2 Why is a proxy server used?
- 3 How does the proxy work?
- 4 What are the proxy types?
- 5 How to make proxy settings?
- 6 Fastest Proxy sites
- 7 What is the difference between proxy and VPN?
- 8 Frequently asked questions about proxy
What is a proxy?
Proxy (Proxy Server) is a proxy that allows you to communicate between a computer and a network when you want to connect to that network. A proxy is a tool that allows you to access the site you want to connect to using another channel.
Why is a proxy server used?
The usage areas of proxy servers are various.
- Companies can use Proxy to keep their employees’ internet usage under control.
- Families can use Proxy to keep their children’s internet usage under control.
- Information such as which sites were accessed and when, and how much time was spent on the accessed sites can be easily accessed via proxy servers.
- Thanks to the caching service of proxies, a faster loading occurs when it is desired to access previously entered sites.
- Thanks to the proxy server, your IP address is invisible and allows you to access the internet privately.
- Helps you bypass proxy content access restrictions
How does the proxy work?
Proxies act as proxies when accessing the Internet. The working logic of the proxy is as follows: For example, instead of a direct connection when accessing a web page:
- The browser connects to the proxy server and tells you which page it wants.
- If a proxy is required, it connects to that page and retrieves the content.
- Proxy sends content to browser
What are the proxy types?
There are 3 different types of proxies according to their rank: transparent, anonymous and elite.
- Transparent proxy servers It is free and one of the most preferred proxy types. However, IP is not perfect at hiding and your data is available when requested.
- Anonymous proxy servers, is successful in hiding your IP address and is also appreciated for its high speed. However, there may be undesirable situations in hiding data traffic. It offers paid, free and traffic quota alternatives according to the usage rate.
- Elite Proxy servers, among all varieties, the most special It has the feature of being a proxy. In no way can you detect that you are logging in with a proxy. While encrypting your web traffic, it also completely hides your IP address. Fastest It is a great advantage to have
By connection type in two different proxy server There are:
- HTTP (Web) Proxy Sunucuları: It is generally used for faster internet access and IP address hiding. It is only used to visit websites. other than the HTTP protocol (for example, FTP protocol) does not support connecting to any protocol. It is the most preferred type of proxy server for connecting to banned sites. Transparent, anonymous or elite versions are available.
- SOCKS Proxy Sunucuları: It supports protocols such as FTP, SMTP. It works slower than HTTP proxy servers. For this reason, it is not suitable for online real-time gaming. Although it supports SMTP, it is not recommended for use in e-mail traffic.
What is a proxy Let’s continue with our article.
How to make proxy settings?
Proxy settings are generally done manually. Proxy usage is not illegal.
Chrome Proxy settings
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the Google Chrome window.
- Then choose Settings.
- A long list of settings will open. To expand this list, scroll down and click on the link that says “Advanced”. The list of settings has been expanded. Scroll down until you find the system section and click “Open your computer proxy settings”.
- Click the “Local Area Settings” button in the “Internet Properties” window.
- Check the box next to “Use a proxy server for your LAN” in the “Proxy” field.
- Enter your proxy address in the “Address” field and click “OK”.
Firefox Proxy settings
- Click on the dotted area in the upper right corner of the Firefox home screen window (It looks like three lines in a row).
- Click “Options” in the menu that opens.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page until you find the “Network Settings” area. Click on “Settings” in this section.
- To set the proxy configuration separately, for Firefox only, select “Use system proxy settings”.
- Click “OK” to save your settings and close the “Options” tab.
Yandex Browser Proxy settings
• Click the three-line icon at the top right of your browser
• Access the Settings menu from the window that opens
• Choose the System option in the menu
• Press the proxy server settings button that appears here.
• Finish the process by continuing with the steps we have specified for Google in the application opened here.
Opera Proxy settings
- On the screen of the Opera browser, click on the three lines in the upper right corner.
- In the tab that opens, scroll the screen to reach the “Privacy and Security” menu.
- Click the “Enable in Settings” button opposite the “VPN” text.
- On the page that opens, check the “Enable VPN” option.
Fastest Proxy sites
The most popular proxy sites are:
What is a proxy Finally, let’s talk about the differences between VPN and VPN.
What is the difference between proxy and VPN?
- VPN It offers very high level encryption up to 256 bit. Proxy It offers a very weak level of security.
- VPN You can access all the blocked sites in the world. Proxy on the other hand, it only works in certain scenarios and does not help you bypass strong censorship and firewalls.
- VPN VPNs SOCKS Proxy, smart DNS etc. Your connection speed will not be affected as it offers some great features such as Proxy You will experience a very slow connection when using a proxy. This is because the proxy is low tech and cannot offer fast connections.
- VPN It works with all operating systems and devices such as Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, Mac and modem. Proxy is only used in some browsers.
- VPNis the most advanced tool to ensure your online security, privacy and freedom at the same time. Therefore, it is 100% safe. Proxy it only works to bypass restricted websites and provides no security. Therefore, it is not safe.
- VPN it is secure and protects all exit traffic. Proxy is not secure and should only be used to bypass interference.
use VPNIf you are looking for early quality and reliability VPN service providing to our list of the 10 best VPN services It’s worth taking a look.
What is a proxy and how to use it We are really curious what you think about our article and we welcome you to share it in the comment area below. Proxyler We will be waiting to respond to your ideas by instantly returning to your comments.
Frequently asked questions about proxy
What is the general function of the proxy server?
Proxy (Proxy Server) is a proxy server that allows you to communicate between a computer and that network when you want to connect to a network.
What does the proxy do?
A proxy is a tool that allows you to access the site you want to connect to using another channel.
What can be done with a proxy?
With the proxy, you can keep the sites your employees or your child access under control. Thanks to the proxy server, your IP address is invisible and allows you to access the internet privately.
Is it illegal to use a proxy?
Proxy use is not illegal.
How to set the proxy?
Proxy settings are generally done manually.
Last Updated: 30 November 2021