If you need to shorten a long URL try this list of 130+ redirection services free online. Finding for How to Create Long URL to make short URL. A URL shortener is a way to make a long web address (URL – Uniform Resource Locator) shorter. URL shortening services are tools and services that allow you to provide a long URL to a specific web page and get a shorter URL of the online service provider. Today I will teach you how to link your Long Short, This Is Very Easy Method.
URL Shorteners to Shorten Long Links
URL Shortener tools and services are also very useful for bloggers and webmasters as they can easily share long URLs with their friends on social networks, forums or even a telephone. The URL automatically redirects the user to shorten the target page when opened in a browser. URL shortened work because of a Web server function called “Redirect” (URL redirection) or redirection 301. Normally, the new URL (the short URL) will redirect users to the old URL (your URL long).
Creating a short URL does not need coding skills. The best way to get your short URL is to copy the long URL, paste it into a field on the shortener service website URL, then you will have a short URL to copy and paste where you want to use.
The concept of shortening long URLs dates back to at least 2001. The first was tiny shortening service URL, which was launched in 2002. Since then, the URL shortening service has evolved over the years and added many additional features to make the URL shortener use even better. A very important feature of these services is, when you shorten a URL, you’ll be able to keep track of this URL and check the statistics of this, as the number of clicks you have received.
Today there are thousands of URL shortening services and new contextual service every day. Before you plan to use a portion of the URL shortening service, we would like to highlight some of the advantages and also disadvantages.
Advantages of Using Short URL
Easy to share: short links are easy to share on social media, chat forums and making it look even more attractive. For example, in tweets when you have 144 characters limit; it is always smart to use short links so you can add additional characters for calls to actions.
Get more clicks: We have seen that the shortened URL encourage users with more clicks than normal long URL. The main reason could be the user curiosity because the final destination of a short URL is unknown, it is always a user to click and link and check out what’s on this page.
Track Links: These days many short URL services provide tracking statistics such as how many users click on your links, making it easy to keep an eye on your online marketing campaign.
Hide Affiliate Links: You can hide and shorten your affiliate link and still redirect a user to your affiliate page. For example, a typical link product on Amazon or other online sales site may contain more than 100 characters; with a short URL, it may be greatly reduced write more space to write about it on Twitter.
Earn Money: Some short URL offer the same service you earn extra money for using their service. When people click on your short URL on twitter or other social media site, they will go to your web page, but will also be shown an ad during the redirection process, it helps, you can make money, which is normally based on the CPC system.
Make it memorable: A short URL is more memorable and friendly. It would be much easier to remember the shortened URL instead of long.
Disadvantages of using Short URL
Broken Links (404 not found): The risk of broken links is a major drawback of shortened URLs. Suppose you have deleted a Web page whose URL was shortened and spread through the social media site. This page is available on your site, but the link is still everywhere in social media and search engines are constantly on the lookout for these sites, which will lead to your page, which no longer exist. And there’s nothing you can do about it. Broken links are bad for SEO, and it has an impact on your site’s ranking in search engines if too.
Not Trustworthy: shortened URLs can be manipulated; you may think you’ll land on a scheduled web page, but you can be taken elsewhere. Even if the short address was not handled, URL shorteners create such a group of random characters they do not give you any idea where you will land after clicking a link short.
System of abuse: URL shortening service can be used by spammers or illegal activity on the Internet. Consequently, many were removed from online records or stop by web hosts or ISPs. If you plan to use a short URL service, always preview the shortened address before posting. There have been cases of services being hacked and redirect users unexpectedly. It is also recommended that only click on short links, which are provided by a credible source or user.
How does it work?
A URL shortener called works through a Web server function (URL redirection) “Redirect”. Basically, the new URL (the short URL) will redirect users to the old URL (your long URL).
How To Make Shorten Long URL?
- First Of All Go any link shortener site(See Below a list).
- After Going You Will See A Box/Bracket Enter Here Your Long Url link. if you want to customize your link, you may need to sign up.
- Then fill up a captcha form (if have).
- Then Click On like Shorten, Create, Shrink URL, Submit, Done, Ok … button. some site will automatically promote you.
- It’s All Done, In The Next Page You Will Found A Tiny Link…!
List of Free URL Shorten Services
If you need to shorten a long URL, then try this list of free URL Shorteners.
Best Url shortener Sites:
- Goo.gl – Google URL Shortener
- Ad.fly – The URL shortener service that pays you! Earn money for every visitor to your links.
- Bit.ly – URL Shortener and Link Management Platform.
- doiop.com – creates for you a short URL with a keyword you choose.
- easyURL.net – Free URL Shortening and Bookmarking.
- Fur.ly – Shorten multiple urls into one.
- is.gd – a URL shortener. Mmmm, tasty URLs!
- McAfee.ee: McAfee Secure Short URL Service.
- Ow.ly – Shorten urls, share files and track visits.
- TinyURL – a tiny URL that will not break in email postings and never expires.
- v.gd – The ethical URL shortener and get full version feature for free.
- shortURL.com – free short URL with no ads! Shorten URLs fast and easy.
- TINY.CC – URL Shortening and Branding.
- Bit.do – Shorten, customize and track your links
- ShadyURL – Don’t just shorten your URL, make it suspicious and frightening.
- DoShort.com – Make Short link from your longer website urls, share links and track traffic statistics.
- Tr.im – More than just a link shortener. Drive engagement and boost CTR.
- slink.co – slink.co the Short Link Company.
- shortn.me – mobile ready URL shortener.
- Safe.mn – THE MOST SECURE URL SHORTENER.
- HotRedirect – Free URL Redirection.
- Snipurl / Snurl / Snipr / Sn.im / Cl.lk – Snippetty snip snip with your looong URLs!
- Shoutkey.com – NEW! Create ShoutKeys on your iPhone!
- u.to – a link shortening service. Allows instant shortening of any link to the minimum length.
More Url Shortener Sites:
How to Use the URL Shortener?
URL shortening, an unsung hero of social media and SMS marketing, can be used to dramatically shorten the length of a URL (Uniform Resource Locator).
Do you want to shorten a URL? Well, do not worry because we have you covered! Here’s how you can use above link shortener:
- Go to Any URL Shortener site.
- Copy and paste the URL you wish to shorten into the empty box.
- Click on the “Create Short URL/Generate/Shorten” button.
- Copy the tiny link created by the URL converter by clicking on “Copy Results” and then simply use it on social media or in your text messages as you need.
Did You Know…
There are a number of phrases and words used to describe services that will create a short URL. Today, best URL shortener sites and URL shrinker tend to be the most commonly used. The list of names include URL forward, URL shortener, URL generator, URL shortening, URL redirection, URL shrink and URL shrinker.