How to Temporarily Save Your Browsing History in Chrome’s Incognito Mode
Incognito mode in Chrome allows you to surf the web and search for things without your browsing history followed. However, if you want to temporarily save your browsing history just for this incognito session, so you can go back to the pages you just visited? There is a handy extension that allows you to do this.
Extending History Off The Record in Chrome keeps a history of your session into Incognito navigation course. You can view a list of links to all the Web pages you’ve visited and incognito tabs you’ve closed. Once you close the incognito window, all history is deleted.
How to Temporarily Save Your Browsing History in Chrome’s Incognito Mode.
Of course, this requires that the Off The expansion history record to see where you are going, so if you’re uncomfortable, this extension is for you. Otherwise, read on.
- To install History Off The Record, visit the Web page of the extension and click “Add to Chrome”.
- In the confirmation dialog box that appears, click “Add extension”.
- Once the extension is installed, a message appears with brief instructions on how to use the extension. The message closes automatically, but you can also click the “X” button to close it.
- To enable History Off The Record to record your browsing session in an Incognito window, you must enable a setting for the extension. To do this, type chrome://extensions in the address bar and press “Enter.”
- Under the Off The expansion history record, check the “Allow in incognito”.
- To open an incognito window, select “New incognito window” in the main menu Chrome (three horizontal bars) in the upper right corner of the browser window. (You can also open a new Incognito window by pressing Ctrl + Shift + N on your keyboard.)
- Browse like you normally would in the incognito window. To view your browsing history, click the “Off The Record History” button on the toolbar.
- A dialog box appears with two tabs closed recently and the full story. To access the tabs you closed during the current session, click on the “Recently closed”. You can click on the link that is listed to reopen these Web pages.
- Complete History tab lists all the Web pages you’ve visited in the current session incognito browsing. You can click on one of these links to visit the site again.
- To clear your browsing history during your current session, click the trash icon in the upper right corner of the Off the history of the recording dialog.
- The Off the history of the file dialog box that shows all the records were destroyed. Regardless of the active tab when you click the trash icon. All records of the two tabs are removed.
- Now when you click on the tab, the message “No records found!”, Poster. You will also see this message on the recently closed tab when you do not have it yet closed all tabs.
When you close an incognito window, the whole history of navigation saved by Off the extension of the history of the record is deleted. The next time you open an incognito window, you will start a new session without history of navigation.